|Planning Facilitation Services
Designing tomorrow's schools
||No decision is better than the information upon which it is based. The school board, administration and faculty must make many important decisions each year. Often the only voices they hear from their community are the vocal few, which may or may not represent the true sentiments of their community.
- If a school fails to plan for its own future, its future
will be determined by chance events and other institutions.
- The community has a right to provide input on the direction
they want to see their schools develop.
- There is no one right way to develop a plan. The components
should be custom tailored to the unique needs of each school
- Effective school planning is not a one shot event. It should
be reviewed and adjusted annually.
Benefits of effective school
- A clearer understanding of community perceptions, needs,
- Establishment of priorities for allocating limited resources
- Identification of problem areas needing increased attention
- Opportunity to educate your community on the conditions and
successes of your schools
- Increased community ownership through shared decision making
- Positive publicity gained through reporting the progress
of the planning process
- All voices get heard, not just the most assertive
- Clearer goals permit more focused action
- An opportunity to create the schools of the future, rather
than merely respond to external events
Facilitator services often include:
This must be your plan. Any outside facilitator can only serve
as a catalyst and guide.
For more information contact:
- Ron Partin
All rights reserved. © Ron Partin, 2010